Aj keď sám nie som veriaci, nemám nič proti viere ako takej. Ako ktosi už povedal, je to barla, ktorá pomáha pri chôdzi, ale prekáža pri behu. Ale ctím si ľudí, ktorí dokážu hlboko, celým srdcom veriť. A náboženstvá vo všeobecnosti vidím ako fascinujúci komponent ľudských spoločenských systémov.
Nenávidím však bigotnosť a ľudí, ktorí vieru predstierajú a zneužívajú pre vlastné ciele.
Úplne najhoršie je, ak ju zneužívajú politici. Jeden príklad za všetky:
"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear." — George W. Bush, Los Angeles, CA on March 3, 2004
All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher.
- Lourdes: Pilgrims flock to French sanctuary online in their millions
- New Christ statue in Brazil's Encantado to be taller than Rio's
- From The Conversation
- Coronavirus: Priest providing 'takeaway ashes' for Ash Wednesday
- The insidious attacks on scientific truth
- Romania baptisms: Six-week-old baby's death sparks calls for change
- England’s sleepy ‘Scientology town’
- Why is Hong Kong so superstitious?
- Sister Abhaya: Indian priest and nun jailed for murder of convent sister
- Plane in US sprinkles 100 gallons of holy water
- France Islam: Muslims face state pressure to embrace values
- Maids Moreton: Ben Field thought he would 'get away with it'
- The 'sorcerer' keeping Mali's marionette tradition alive
- Exorcism: Vatican course opens doors to 250 priests
- Panama: Seven people found dead after suspected exorcism
- Gedhun Choekyi Niyima: Tibetan Buddhism's 'reincarnated' leader who disappeared aged six
- Nude model's Western Wall photo shoot sparks anger
- Do more people believe in God in Trump's America?
- The preachers getting rich from poor Americans
- Hagia Sophia: Pope 'pained' as Istanbul museum reverts to mosque
- Tomorrow’s Gods: What is the future of religion?
- Uganda's Kanungu cult massacre that killed 700 followers
- Holy water
- How can limbo just be abolished?
- The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050
- Let the credulous kiss their relics. It's no weirder than idolising Beckham
- 'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites - study
- Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'
- Stephen Hawking: God did not create Universe
- Jesus tomb found, says film-maker
- Joan of Arc remains 'are fakes'
- Pope Francis: 'About 2%' of Catholic clergy paedophiles
- Catholic Church: Could Pope Francis say 'yes' to married priests?
- Do humans have a ‘religion instinct’?
- How and why did religion evolve?
- Brazil: Netflix told to remove film depicting Jesus as gay
- Ravi Kumar Atheist: The Indian man fighting to be godless
- Albert Einstein's 'God letter' expected to sell for $1.5m
- US preacher asks followers to help buy fourth private jet
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop series on Netflix slammed by NHS chief
- 'Kenyan police asked if my husband was a sorcerer'
- Why some Chinese believe a name change could improve luck
- Vaccine rumours debunked: Microchips, 'altered DNA' and more
- Gadhimai: Nepal's animal sacrifice festival goes ahead despite 'ban'
- Woman arrested for naked video on India's Lakshman Jhula bridge
- Porn star Nacho Vidal held in Spain after man dies in toad-venom ritual
- Burundi albino boy 'dismembered'
- The Family: 'Raised in a doomsday cult, I entered the real world at 15'
religion cult faith superstition healer witchcraft sect belief supernatural