All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher.
Aj keď sám nie som veriaci, nemám nič proti viere ako takej. Ako ktosi už povedal, je to barla, ktorá pomáha pri chôdzi, ale prekáža pri behu. Ale ctím si ľudí, ktorí dokážu hlboko, celým srdcom veriť. A náboženstvá vo všeobecnosti vidím ako fascinujúci komponent ľudských spoločenských systémov.
Nenávidím však bigotnosť a ľudí, ktorí vieru predstierajú a zneužívajú pre vlastné ciele.
Úplne najhoršie je, ak ju zneužívajú politici. Jeden príklad za všetky:
"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear." — George W. Bush, Los Angeles, CA on March 3, 2004
- Roe v Wade: Rifts divide abortion views in Mississippi
- Aamir Liaquat Hussain: Pakistan's shock televangelist dies at 50
- La Luz del Mundo megachurch leader jailed for child sex abuse
- Nigeria Owo church attack: Gunmen kill Catholic worshippers in Ondo
- Port Harcourt: Nigeria church crush leaves 31 dead
- Southern Baptist Convention vilified sex abuse survivors - report
- Afghanistan: Policing faces, bodies and beards on Kabul streets
- The sex myth that's centuries old
- The myths that hint at past disasters
- If we made contact with aliens, how would religions react?
- The former monk who runs a $100m meditation firm
- Galileo Galilei
- Why is an abuser still working as a priest?
- One-word gaffe invalidates thousands of US baptisms
- Karnataka hijab row deepens as students petition court
- Liberian church stampede kills 29 worshippers in Monrovia
- Former Pope Benedict failed to act over abuse, new report finds
- Pope Francis says choosing pets over kids is selfish
- When Jesus is used to steal from his flock
- Roman-era 'Good Shepherd' ring found off Israel in ancient shipwreck
- Explosion strikes Afghan mosque during prayers
- French Church abuse: 216,000 children were victims of clergy - inquiry
- Brian Houston: Hillsong Church founder denies concealing child abuse
- Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church, inquiry says
- The torso in the Thames: A 20-year mystery
- Ethiopia: The country where a year lasts 13 months
- Top US court halts Texas execution of inmate seeking pastor's touch
- Spanish bishop quit for love for erotic writer
- An immense mystery older than Stonehenge
- Ethiopia’s miraculous underground churches
- Vatican's Cardinal Becciu on trial in $412m fraud case
- LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus
- More churches burn down on Canada indigenous land
- Athens priest arrested for acid attack on bishops
- The Nigerian priest saving Igbo deities from the bonfires
- Troubled US teens left traumatised by tough love camps
- Girls to break centuries-old German male choir school tradition
- Lourdes: Pilgrims flock to French sanctuary online in their millions
- New Christ statue in Brazil's Encantado to be taller than Rio's
- From The Conversation
- Coronavirus: Priest providing 'takeaway ashes' for Ash Wednesday
- The insidious attacks on scientific truth
- Romania baptisms: Six-week-old baby's death sparks calls for change
- England’s sleepy ‘Scientology town’
- Why is Hong Kong so superstitious?
- Sister Abhaya: Indian priest and nun jailed for murder of convent sister
- Plane in US sprinkles 100 gallons of holy water
- France Islam: Muslims under pressure to sign French values charter
- Maids Moreton: Ben Field thought he would 'get away with it'
- The 'sorcerer' keeping Mali's marionette tradition alive
- Exorcism: Vatican course opens doors to 250 priests
- Panama: Seven people found dead after suspected exorcism
- Gedhun Choekyi Niyima: Tibetan Buddhism's 'reincarnated' leader who disappeared aged six
- Nude model's Western Wall photo shoot sparks anger
- Do more people believe in God in Trump's America?
- The preachers getting rich from poor Americans
- Hagia Sophia: Pope 'pained' as Istanbul museum reverts to mosque
- Tomorrow’s Gods: What is the future of religion?
- Uganda's Kanungu cult massacre that killed 700 followers
- Holy water
- How can limbo just be abolished?
- The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050
- Let the credulous kiss their relics. It's no weirder than idolising Beckham
- 'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites - study
- Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'
- Stephen Hawking: God did not create Universe
- Jesus tomb found, says film-maker
- Joan of Arc remains 'are fakes'
- Pope Francis: 'About 2%' of Catholic clergy paedophiles
- Catholic Church: Could Pope Francis say 'yes' to married priests?
- Do humans have a ‘religion instinct’?
- How and why did religion evolve?
- Brazil: Netflix told to remove film depicting Jesus as gay
- Ravi Kumar Atheist: The Indian man fighting to be godless
- Albert Einstein's 'God letter' sells for $2.9m
- US preacher asks followers to help buy fourth private jet
- Pakistan: Police hunt for 'healer' who hit nail into woman's head
- Madhya Pradesh: Minor girls paraded naked in India 'rain ritual'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop series on Netflix slammed by NHS chief
- 'Kenyan police asked if my husband was a sorcerer'
- Tower of London's 'queen' raven Merlina missing
- Why some Chinese believe a name change could improve luck
- Vaccine rumours debunked: Microchips, 'altered DNA' and more
- Gadhimai: Nepal's animal sacrifice festival goes ahead despite 'ban'
- Woman arrested for naked video on India's Lakshman Jhula bridge
- Porn star Nacho Vidal held in Spain after man dies in toad-venom ritual
- Burundi albino boy 'dismembered'
- The ultra-violent cult that became a global mafia
- The Family: 'Raised in a doomsday cult, I entered the real world at 15'
- Catalonia pardons women executed for witchcraft
religion cult faith superstition healer witchcraft sect belief supernatural god